Monday, March 26, 2012

A Month in the MTC


Well my companion got his visa and is leaving tomorrow. So now I will be the only one in the district. From 7 missionaries to just me. My teachers will be teaching me solo, so I might get a cool solo sticker on my name tag. We had a missionary here for 12 weeks and a 9 week Portuguese learning track who finally got reassigned to Colorado. His Visa has been at the “ready for pick-up” stage for about 5 weeks (that is what my visa just got to). I may never leave the MTC; I might just serve my mission in the cafeteria at the MTC.

Elder Jensen emailed me and says he lost 10 pounds already. I’m super jealous!!!! GRRR! Our Zone leaders are leaving for Portugal tomorrow as well along with two elders and a sister so our zone is getting pretty small. The new zone leaders are just a week old here at the MTC so they ask a lot of questions and look up to the older guys, which is me now....weird. I’ve only been here for about a month.

I discovered recently that my preacher's license expires Feb. 4 and I started my mission Feb. 29. So my mission will be 23 months instead of 24. I GOT JIPPED!!! Super lame.

I got my patriarchal blessing on Friday and it was awesome. I will have to send mom and dad a copy; its pretty long. Growing up you always hear of the really interesting stuff in patriarchal blessings, but mine seems kinda...boring? Don’t get me wrong, I love it and it’s full of stuff that I needed to hear and study.

I saw Elder Zinkand and he seems to be doing fine. But I don’t know who got his blue suit; it’s flashy and kind reflective…he looks like a peacock. His mission president is probably going to tell him to burn it.

Anyway all is well, just struggling with the language and hoping to leave soon to O Brasil!

Love, Elder Willard

P.S. Watch the second session of conference very carefully... ;)    

No comments:

Post a Comment