Monday, July 9, 2012

Brazilian Pizza


We have another baptism this Saturday. She is the mother of 3 converts who is the last one to get on the band wagon because of just plain bad luck and poor choices by leaders in the zone. Her children are all less active and one has a problem with smoking, but I have a good feeling that mom is going to whip them into shape. Her testimony is amazing; there is no doubt in her mind that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. She will be baptized this Saturday!!!

Yes, it has been getting colder here. But don’t worry about me keeping warm; we have for some odd reason 7 gigantic wool blankets in our apartment. The real problem is mosquitoes. 3 days ago I woke up with approximately 42 bug bites on my right arm with dozens more on my face and other arm. I got to lather up with bug spray every night.

Two days ago it rained all day; I thought I was so prepared. Thermal underwear, doubled up on socks made of wool, sweater, xequezão (fancy) rain coat, and giant umbrella. And all of the stuff in my back pack was put in plastic bags. And being a Washingtonian, I thought I could handle it. Unfortunately, my Achilles heel was my shoes. They have some many little holes in them that there was no way to keep my feet dry. Maybe I will buy some boots...

I have decided that pizza in Brazil is better than in the USA...that’s right, I said it. Especially when they put chocolate in the crust. It’s amazing!! Moderately priced here, but really cheap in the states. But on the other hand, the bread and cake here is terrible; you just can’t beat Oroweat. (This from a grandson of an Oroweat Engineer!)

Last night we taught a new investigator (Noli) with some other investigators (Atonio & Nadir) that we are trying to get married and baptized. Noli is a friend of theirs that lives nearby and as we were teaching each in turn bore powerful testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and Noli was touched. They aren’t even members and they already want to share the gospel and bring others to Christ. I’m so excited to see them as full fledged members of the church.


Love you all, share the gospel with everyone you know.
Elder Willard


No comments:

Post a Comment