Thursday, December 20, 2012

First Week


My new missionary is a little bit shy which I think is perfectly normal. I'm encouraging him to make contacts with people and the start our lessons with investigators. He’s from Macapá, Amapá. That's were Brazil starts in the North; his accent is a little hard to get used to...

We are doing a lot of finding this last week with lots of teaching opportunities. We have come across a lot of crazy people this last week...like one who seemed to be drinking garlic sauce while drooling it out of his mouth and screaming about how he loves saints. I gave him a Book of Mormon and was very grateful.

It just doesn’t feel like Christmas when it’s so flippin’ hot. But it looks like I will be able to talk to the fam using skype. Rio Grande is pretty wealthy at some parts.

Sinto que o Espirito do Senhor está me dirigindo para os eleitos. Parece que os jovens daqui são mais receptivos para ouvir nossa mensagem mas não me importo, Nós só precisamos um momento para testificar para que Eles possam sentir o Espirito e saibam que nossa mensagem é verdadeira.

[I feel the Spirit of the Lord is directing me to the elect. It seems that young people here are more receptive to hearing our message, but do not care. We just need a moment to testify so that they can feel the Spirit and know that our message is true.

Until Christmas,]

Até Natal,
Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment