Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!


My training here at the MTC is complete but...still no visa. I will just hangout here until I get it or get a reassignment.

I barely understand anything being said in portugues and I can only talk about gospel related things in portugues. If you asked me my favorite color or if I saw a certain movie I would have no idea what to say. But if you asked me what a profeta (prophet) is, you would be in good luck.

Pres. Packer came to the MTC yesterday for Easter and talked about the importance of the resurrection and how we could not have the Expiação (Atonement) without a punishment. Also the BYU Men’s Chorus sang for us at our weekly Sunday night fireside. Both were fantastic.

I met Elder Taylor, Sister Huff’s nephew, he looks a lot like her. He was a little upset when I told him about where Alex is going on his mission. He was expecting to hear from the family. But he is totally dope!!

There is a new infield training coisa (thing). In the past the greeny wouldn’t do anything; he would just follow the senior companion like a monkey. Typically you have an hour of personal study, companionship study and language study. Now, for the first 12 weeks of your mission, you have an extra hour of companionship study that focuses on getting the new missionary doing the normal responsibilities sooner. It’s apparently super effective. Super excited for that.

I didn’t get anything from Sister Willard. (She’ll write on Thursday due to transfers.)

Anyway, I love you guys and hope you had a Happy Easter!!

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment