Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Cold of Winter


Olá de Porto Alegre Sul,

I realized recently that is super duper cold here both day and night, I was given an awesome wool coat (it’s got to be like 200 dollars) from another missionary. It reaches all the way down to about mid calf and it’s nice and toasty. Almost all the homes in Brazil are made of stone so keeping heat in is very difficult and keeping the cold out is harder. Super crazy, I recently had the chance to go on splits with an American missionary and it was great because for like the first time in 3 weeks I could communicate an idea and he understood everything I said. More importantly, I knew what he was saying. But the language is coming. Yesterday as we were walking down the street I realized that I was actually having a conversation in Portuguese. It was an awesome feeling. Unfortunately I am out of time. We are going to a member’s house for pizza and the pizza here is very weird. It has corn and beans and my fave: chicken hearts.

I love you all,
The mission is fantastic
Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment