Monday, June 4, 2012

Exciting Days


I got a little bit of food poisoning, I think, right after a pretty fantastic lasagna (not really lasagna, it’s just meat and cheese) with guarana, which I’m starting to love. As we went to work I had terrible stomach pain and trying to say, “I have food poisoning” was a lot hard than I thought. So we knocked on a lady’s door who we didn’t know, if we could use the restroom. I cant imagine what she thought seeing me, a really big (in comparison to her; she might have been 80 pounds soaking wet and I was double her height) sweaty white guy, looking like I was going to lose the contents of my stomach right then and there. I don’t know what made her let us in. I get to the bathroom and heard my companion start teaching. She is not interested in the least. She also has poor hearing so my comp is yelling at her, “We are missionaries from the...” He stops when he hears a splash and gagging. He calls after me in broken English, “Are you ok?” I mumble something and get out.

We talked a little bit to the woman who helped us. She asks if she could bless me, I think, and then begins to yell to the heavens in prayer for about 5 minutes, saying things like em nome de Jesus! (in the name of Jesus) and Sai! Agora! (leave and now).

She basically cast a spirit out of me.

We got home and I slept for 2 hours and went back to work feeling totally fine.

All is well, language is hard and I love you guys

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment