Monday, March 19, 2012

Serven da Lord


Entáo (so), it’s hard to remember what happened this week. Our pesquisador (investigator) Monica agreed to be batizara (baptized), but was wondering why again because she had been baptized at a baby in the catolic (catholic) igreja (church). She asked this all in Portuguese; I have no idea how I understood her. Loco! We had to be bold and tell her straight up that it didn’t count because the Catolic Igreja didn’t have the correct Sacerdócio (priesthood) autoridade (authority). Didn’t think she wanted to see us again, but we expressed our love for her and she agreed to be baptized in trés semanas (3 weeks).

Sister Willard’s experiences get me excited to get into the field, but as of today I still do not have a visa, so I probably will be here for at least another week. It is totally fine because I still need to get my patriarchal blessing, and I’m getting it this Friday at 3. Super excited!!!

Classes are going pretty good when the whole district is just dois (2) pessoas (people). Between me and Elder Marley we have maybe 6 teachers that have no one else to teach por que (because) all the missionaries (missionarios) either go straight to Brasil or are only here for a few days. It’s good though; I’m not very good at the language so it’s nice to have the attention.

There was a reporter that came up from Sáo Paolo from a big newspaper and interviewed Elder Marley and myself and a few other Portuguese speakers at the MTC and she quoted me on some stuff I think. Entáo I might be in a newspaper somewhere!

Anyway it’s really tough but worth it. D&C 18:10 The worth of souls is great in the sight of God. Serven da Lord.

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment