Monday, December 3, 2012

Finally Moved


President Castro called me on Tuesday at about 3 o´clock and said, “Elder Willard you are going to be transferred to Rio Grande (5 hours away by bus).” I said that was really cool, but when? He said, “Tomorrow...” Regular transfers are not until the 11th of December. A missionary in my area was having some problems and was emergency transferred to my area and we switched areas. I had been in that area for 7 ½  months, so in less than 24 hours I was on my way, with all my stuff to a brand new area at the very bottom of Brazil. I was forced to buy a very expensive bus ticket with my own money (sorry Dad). The thing that bums me out the most is I have a baptism this Saturday and I won’t be there. But the president needed my help and he seems to trust me. The other missionaries think I will start training at the beginning of the next transfer.

My new area is called Cidade Nova and it’s tiny. You could walk from one side to the other in 15 minutes: a huge difference in that my last area was 3 ½ hours on foot. My new companion (for only a week) is Elder Lazarte from Nebraska and he’s half Bolivian. I'm helping him with grammar rules and speaking with more fluency. The area doesn’t have much going on in it with a tiny ward of 30 active members. We are going to get to work right away to get some people baptized. Elder Gull, from my last area said that he has baptisms marked for the 8th and 15th and 22th of this month. If anyone is willing to serve the Lord and work hard you can qualify for miracles.

Eu sou grato pela oportunidade a servir meu mestre e levar as pessoas para as aguas do batismo. Compartilhem o evangelho com todo mundo. Eu amo vocês.
[I am grateful for the opportunity to serve my master and getting people to the waters of baptism. Share the gospel with everyone. I love you.]

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment