Monday, July 2, 2012

Moving to another 4th floor apartment


I have made a goal to baptize every single transfer. Have you ever heard the saying “Nothing is impossible between two people, as long as one of them is God”?

We recently moved to a new apartment, which was a pain because we lived on the fourth floor and our new apartment is also on the 4 floor. All the beds, refrigerator, stove, washing machine, bed frames, desks, supplies, my stuff.....and it was raining...and hot. Totally crazy.

We had 3 investigators at church, we have about 3 unmarried couples with children that we are in the process of getting married. That is a huge problem in Brazil. My companion has 23 brothers and sisters because his father couldn’t stay with one wife. We have two unmarried couples with a lot of problems with finances and fidelity because they aren’t married. It’s just easier to live with one another and not get married.

Once they are married they can be baptized!! We have a goal this transfer of like 7 people, so vamos lá!!!

Other than moving, things have been normal. OH! I’m teaching an English class to Brazilians for free at the church...simple stuff like verbs and phrases. But when they ask a question, I have to have them repeat it slowly every time. But it’s great: I learn Portuguese and they learn some English.

I have no idea how Sister Willard can type some much, it’s incredible. Every time I read about her success I want to one-up her and street-contact the world.

All is good!
vos amo

Elder Willard

P.S. My hand is not broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment