Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teaching about Marriage


We had a baptism on Saturday...I think I already said that...
Anyway, all is well here in Porto Alegre, but is a bit chilly...which is a dream come true.

We have several, I believe 3 couples, with wives that want to get baptized because they know the church is true, but cant because they aren’t married to their husbands. And the husbands aren’t interested in religion and more interested in money or alcohol or how no believe in God or don’t see the importance of being married or the importance of the family.

It’s so frustrating to see these poor women suffer, knowing what they need but completely stuck. It’s going to take a lot of fasting and prayers and inviting, but I know those husbands will receive an answer from Heavenly Father.

You know what’s hard...learning another language. Even with an easy Latin based language like Portuguese, it is still frustrating and difficult. It is for sure serving a mission is the hardest this I have ever done, but by far the best.

Yesterday we were teaching a member’s sister. She basically grew up in the church but has never been baptized. I thought it went well but has the member drove us home he chewed us out, bitter and upset about the lesson. `´She just needs to feel the spirit, have a spiritual experience to get baptized and I felt nothing!! You didn’t teach with the spirit`. I felt awful for a long time. I thought, Am I not doing my job correctly, Am I not teaching by or with the Spirit? What is wrong with me? I will never talk to any missionaries the way he did to us. But nothing makes you feel better than just straight out praying and found comfort in talking with Heavenly Father.

I love you all you and my companion also, he is incredible and the hardest working guy I know.
Read the scriptures and pray every single day! Tá bom!!

Te Amo

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment