Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Joining a Soccer Team


Tudo Bem, Todo Mundo!!

I have officially chosen a soccer team to be a member of; I even bought a jersey.
The team is Grêmio. In the states there’s only like one Pro team per state. But it’s a little
different in Brazil. To put it simply there are two teams out of Rio Grande Do Sul:
Internacional and Grêmio. Eu sou Grêmista. But all is well and tranquilo here in Brazil. The language is coming slowing but surely...oops, a dog just ran under my desk. It’s Brazil. I’ve been trying to think of something that I need or would like from the states....and it’s Betty Crocker brownie mix (if that’s even possible).

You know what is really hard? Going on splits with a member when you don’t speak the language very well or understand anything that is spoken, and try to teach people.
Yesterday, Fabricio, a member, and I went out without a senior companion or any kind if safety net to keep us out of trouble.

But the problem was, as we went to find and teach our investigators, no one was home or was busy. So the whole day about 8 hours was spent looking and finding nothing, but we were able to just teach one lesson. At the end of that lesson the investigator said no to our message. Really just a sad day for the work.

Frazier, how is work? Marnie, what are you going to do this summer that will prepare you for school? Jackson, I want you to email me everything you did this last week.  Alex, how is the field, stud? Brandon, have you seen a play with Amelia yet? Amelia, have you had a summer adventure yet? Zach, will you name you future son (who could be on the way) Calvin? Sabrina, is my previous comment true? Dad, can you take some pictures of the pole barn and send them too me...if it’s done? Mom, are you liking the Iphone?

I love you all and have some rice and beans for me.

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment