Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ask for Yourself


Well, we have another baptism this Saturday, a sweet 10 year old gal. So we are all super excited. Yesterday was pretty sweet, one of our investigators called us and said that she had gotten an answer about the Book of Mormon.

When she prayed she felt a light and a terrific feeling come upon her, said it was hard to describe, but then she started to read the Book of Mormon to her `bed-ridden´ mother and she said that she felt something, a feeling of great joy and peace surrounded her. It’s pretty amazing how much faith people have here in Brazil.

A lot of people here seem to get an answer in the very first prayer, asking Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true. The people here have no doubts about the reality and divinity of Jesus Christ.

My trainer is staying one extra transfer on the mission and I think he will stay with me, which is awesome. I have a feeling we are going to baptize a lot of people next transfer. After working with some people for 3 months, getting them married, getting answers from God, resolving doubts, the fruits of our labors are ready to be harvested. Oh yesterday I had been out on the mission for 5 months exactly. I don’t know if it was a long time or very fast.

We just keep ‘finding’ people. This last week we found 14 new investigators. And I’m realizing that coincidences on the mission don’t happen.

Wow, it is nearly impossible to remember what happens during the week to tell you guys about it. But all is well and the mission is terrific and the hardest thing I’ve ever done, that’s for sure.

I love you guys,

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment