Monday, August 27, 2012

The Power is on!


Saturday we did not have a baptism, after preparing and inviting every single person we could think of, our candidate called and cancelled 3 hours before. And thus we sat in the bishop’s office, calling our invites and said the baptism had been postponed. We will see about that. My companion said that has never happened to him before on his mission, which made me think that I was bad luck. But the good news from Saturday is the power came back on....after 8 days!

Another issue is I cannot seem to keep my white shirts white. I need to find some sort of chemical that can get stains out in Brazil. I bet I could find something not cleared by the FDA, HA! HA!

On the upside, I have my first wedding, Antonio and Nadir, on 1st and on the 15th, and two baptisms. They are already self sufficient, visiting church every Sunday for all the 3 hours. It’s just so amazing how simple it is to have a change of heart by doing the basics. Studying the scriptures, praying, attending church.

The last two days have just been terribly cold, and the 3 days before that were terribly hot. It’s a little frustrating, but I sure do prefer the rain to the heat.

The Temple was just terrific and it was different with another language, but it just strengthens my testimony that the church is true because everything is exactly the same in the temple. The church is true all over the world.

I happy to declare that I think I'm losing weight, but has yet to be proven scientifically.

Thanks for everything, I hope the spelling is better... Sabrina..(how can I sabotage your relationship now?)

Elder Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment